Senior Coding Consultant – Interim Inpatient Coding Supervisor / Lead Coder
80 – 100% Travel required
UASI has an immediate opening on our senior consulting team for an Interim Hospital Inpatient Coding Supervisor. This Senior Consultant will have previous experience as a lead coder or coding supervisor and will be responsible for a variety of supervisory tasks in addition to coding and compliance management; auditing, mentoring, and educating inpatient coders. Additional details, requirements and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Supervision of inpatient coding team and the coding and compliance process for inpatient charts
- Collaboration with coding and HIM managers on strategic projects, ongoing coding improvements and accuracy
- Estimated project durations: 6 – 18 months / opportunity available for temporary to perm
Systems used: EPIC, 3M, 3M 360
- CCS preferred but other credentials (RHIT or RHIA) will be considered
- Experience coding, auditing and supervising in a level one trauma and teaching hospital required
As an Interim Coding Supervisor with UASI, you are an integral part of our HIM Consulting team; assisting clients with strategic projects while demonstrating strong organization management and leadership skills. This Interim Coding Supervisor will travel to client facilities on a weekly or bi-weekly basis; project durations vary and travel schedules are flexible. Project work could include, but not limited to, DNFB/DNFC analysis and reduction strategies, improved HIM and coding department workflow, medical coding accuracy improvement initiatives, new coder training, etc. Our Interim Coding Supervisors typically cover vacant supervisor or lead coder positions in addition to managing strategic projects.
UASI has been in the HIM field for over 33 years. Our services include remote coding staffing and solutions, clinical documentation improvement, ICD-10 consulting, coding compliance software and revenue integrity audits. Our comprehensive benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, PTO and 401K.
Please enable the bookmarks plugin to activate this feature.